नेशनल कौंसिल ऑफ़ साइंस मुसुम्स
Jr. Stenographer – National Council of Science Museums (Hqrs.), Kolkata
Number of Posts: 3 (2 UR & 1 OBC)
Scale of Pay: Pay Matrix – ₹25,500-81,100/- (Level 4) & other allowances as admissible under the rules of NCSM.
Total Emolument: ₹48,207/- per month (approx. at Kolkata)
Essential Qualification: Higher Secondary or its equivalent and minimum speed of 80 w.p.m. in Shorthand duly supported by a certificate from a Govt. Recognized Institution.
Age Limit: Not more than 25 years (as on the last date of submission of application(s)).
Stenographic service; typing; photocopying; sending/receiving emails/fax messages; maintenance of files, ledgers, records, etc. in the computer; attending to telephone calls and any other work assigned by superiors from time to time.
Artist ‘A’ – Regional Science Centre, Guwahati
Number of Posts: 1 (1 OBC)
Scale of Pay: Pay Matrix – ₹19,900-63,200/- (Level 2) & other allowances as admissible under the rules of NCSM.
Total Emolument: ₹36,126/- per month (approx. at Guwahati)
Essential Qualification: Diploma/Certificate in Fine/Commercial Art of at least two years duration after SLC. Candidates must have one year of experience after obtaining the diploma/certificate.
Age Limit: Not more than 35 years (as on the last date of submission of application(s)).
Lettering, painting, screen painting, handling installations and exhibition materials, assisting in art layout and model making, and any other work assigned by the authority of the center.
- Candidates should possess the minimum essential qualification(s) recognized by Central & State Govt. and/or work experience mentioned in the advertisement.
- For the post of Jr. Stenographer, candidates must provide a shorthand/Stenography pass certificate from a Government Recognized Institution.
- Applications not accompanied by relevant certificates and testimonials will be summarily rejected.
- Canvassing in any form and/or bringing in any influence, political or otherwise, will lead to disqualification.
- Possession of the requisite qualification and experience does not guarantee being called for the Aptitude test or Skill test/Shorthand test.
- Providing false information or concealing material facts at any stage will result in cancellation of candidature and termination of service, if appointed.
- Call letters (admit cards) will be sent to candidates at their email IDs mentioned in the applications, and they need to be produced along with a valid photo identity card during the examination.
- NCSM reserves the right not to fill up any or all advertised posts, cancel the advertisement, or part of it without assigning any reason.
- Interim inquiries will not be entertained.
- Selection for reserved category posts will be based on the State of domicile.
How to apply:
- Applications are required to be submitted online along with self-attested scanned copies of all certificates/testimonials/relevant documents.
- Candidates need to upload scanned color recent passport size photograph and scanned signature.
- Submit online applications well before the closing date to avoid disconnection or failure to login during heavy load on the website.
- NCSM or its constituent unit(s) will not be responsible if candidates fail to submit their applications within the last date.
- Double-check the details filled in the online application form before submission, as no changes will be allowed after submission.
- A valid photo identity card (such as Aadhar card, PAN card, Voter ID card, Driving License, Passport, etc.) must be presented along with the admit card during the examination.
- Women candidates are encouraged to apply as NCSM strives to have a workforce that reflects gender balance.
Junior Stenographer, Artist (04 Vancany) – Last Date 09 June 2023 (Kolkata, West Bengal), National Council of Science Museums (NCSM) recruits Junior Stenographer, Artist post. Candidates with Higher Secondary,Diploma Experienced can apply.
Consultant (Hindi Translator) - M.A(CLOSED) in National Council of Science Museums Recruitment
Consultant (Hindi Translator) - M.A(CLOSED)
Consultant (Hindi Translator) Job – Last Date 10 January 2022 (Kolkata, West Bengal), National Council of Science Museums (NCSM) recruits Consultant (Hindi Translator) post. Candidates with M.A, Experienced can apply.
Consultant (Civil) - B.Tech/B.E (CLOSED) in National Council of Science Museums Recruitment
Consultant (Civil) - B.Tech/B.E (CLOSED)
Consultant (Civil) Job – Last Date 31 August 2021 (Kolkata, West Bengal), National Council of Science Museums (NCSM) recruits Consultant (Civil) post. Candidates with B.Tech/B.E, Experienced can apply.
Exhibition Assistant (BFA, BVA) (CLOSED) in National Council of Science Museums - NCSM Recruitment
Exhibition Assistant (BFA, BVA) (CLOSED)
Exhibition Assistant Job – Last Date 09 April 2021 (Kolkata, West Bengal), National Council of Science Museums (NCSM) recruits Exhibition Assistant post. Candidates with BFA, BVA Experienced can apply.
About National Council of Science Museums – NCSM (नेशनल कौंसिल ऑफ़ साइंस मुसुम्स):
The first science museum, Birla Industrial and Technological Museum (BITM), Kolkata under CSIR, was opened on May 2, 1959. In July 1965 the second science museum of the country, the Visvesvaraya Industrial & Technological Museum (VITM) was opened in Bangalore. After Kolkata and Bangalore, the work for the third centre at Mumbai was taken up in 1974. As the popularisation of science and technology through the Science Museums grew in scope and size, the Union Planning Commission constituted a Task Force in early 1970’s to assess the activities of the Science Museums.
Postal Address:33, Block-GN, Sector V, Bidhan Nagar, Kolkata, West Bengal – 700091
Tel:+91 33 2357 9347, 2357 5545, 2357 0850
Fax: +91 33 2357 6008
For more Government jobs, Please visit