मिनिस्ट्री ऑफ़ टेक्सटाइल्स
Subject: Engagement of one retired persons of the rank of Section Officer (SO)/Under Secretary (US) as ‘Consultant’ on contract basis in Ministry of Textiles for Internal Finance Wing (IFW) – inviting applications thereof.
Ministry of Textiles re-invites applications from retired Government servants of the rank of SO/US or equivalent, retired from any Central Government offices/Attached Subordinate Offices/Autonomous Bodies having considerable experience in functioning of Central Government Ministries/Departments for engagement as Consultant in the Internal Finance Wing on contract basis.
The terms and conditions of the contract shall be as under:
- The Consultant should possess a strong flair for in-depth knowledge/experience of working in Finance Wing, EFC/SFCs/Cabinet Notes and Rules, Public Procurement, General Financial Rules-2017. They should be fully conversant with MSword/PPT/Excel/working in E-Office etc;
They should have attained not more than 64 years of age as on 01.06.2023.
Working Hours shall normally be from 09.00 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. during working days. However, in exigencies of work, they may be required to sit late and may be called on Saturday/Sundays or other holidays.
They will be governed by the Official Secrets Act, 1923, as amended from time to time and will not disclose to any unauthorized person(s) any information/data that may come to their notice during the period of their engagement as ‘Consultant’ in the Ministry. All such documents will be the property of the Government.
They will not utilize or publish or part with, to a third party, any part of the data or statistics or proceedings or information collected for the purpose of their assignments or during the course of, assignment for the Department without the express written consent of the Department.
The Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) of the data collected as well as deliverables produced for the Department shall remain with the Department.
Attention is drawn to Central Vigilance Commission’s circular No. 01/0/2017 dated 23.1.2017 and circular No. 08/06/2011 dated 24.6.2011 regarding engagement of Consultant. They will be completely accountable for any advice or any service rendered by them during their engagement in this Department in view of norms of ethical business and professionalism.
They must act, at all times in the interest of Ministry of Textiles and render any advice/service with professional integrity.
They will maintain highest standards of integrity, transparency, competitiveness, economy and efficiency while working as consultant in this Department.
The Consultant so appointed shall in no case represent or give opinion or advice to others in any matter which is adverse to the interest of the Department nor will they indulge in any activity outside the terms of the contractual assignment.
- Remuneration and Allowances: Remuneration, Leave and Allowances shall be fixed in accordance with Department of Expenditure OM No.3-25-2020.E-IIIA dated 09.12.2020 as follows:
- Emoluments: Monthly emoluments/remuneration payable shall be equivalent to the last pay drawn minus the amount of pension being drawn + local conveyance equal to the transport allowance drawn on last post per month as consultancy fees. The emoluments and pension drawn should not exceed the last pay drawn by the selected person. However, Dearness allowance shall not be admissible thereon.
- Allowances: Consultant shall not be entitled to any kind of allowance or accommodation facility. However, should they require to travel inside the country in connection with the official work of the Ministry, TA/DA as admissible to a regular employee of the same grade he/she retired from will be paid to him/her after obtaining approval of the competent authority.
- Leave: Consultant shall be eligible for 1.5 days for each completed month of service. No remuneration for the period of absence in excess of the admissible leave will be paid to Consultant. Un-availed leave shall neither be carried forward to next year nor encashed.
- Tax Deduction at Source (TDS): TDS as admissible shall be deducted from the monthly remuneration of Consultant. A TDS certificate shall be issued by the concerned DDO on demand.
- The engagement as Consultant shall not be considered as a case of re-employment.
Eligibility Criteria for Engagement of Consultant:
- Should have retired from any Central Government offices/Attached and Subordinate Offices/Autonomous Bodies and in the level of Under Secretary/Deputy Secretary level or equivalent;
- Should not be more than 64 years of age as on 01.06.2023.
- He/She should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with excellent computer knowledge and computer operation and working in E-Office.
Special conditions – For Internal Finance Wing:
- SO/US who possess a strong flair for in-depth knowledge/experience of working in Finance Wing, EFC/SFCs/Cabinet Notes and Rules, Public Procurement, General Financial Rules-2017 need only apply.
Advertisement No.1WOT/C02/2023 dated:09.06.2023
Period of Engagement:
Consultant Vacancies Last Date 29 June 2023 (Delhi), Ministry of Textiles recruits Consultant posts. Retired Staff experienced candidates can apply.
Young Professional II ( M.E/M.Tech)(CLOSED) in Ministry of Textiles Recruitment
Young Professional II ( M.E/M.Tech)(CLOSED)
Ministry of Textiles
Young Professional II Vacancies Last Date 17 March 2023 (Delhi), Ministry of Textiles recruits Young Professional II posts. M.E/M.Tech experienced candidates can apply.
Consultant/ Specialist (M.Sc)(CLOSED) in Ministry of Textiles Recruitment
Consultant/ Specialist (M.Sc)(CLOSED)
Ministry of Textiles
Senior Consultant (M.Com, M.Sc, MBA/PGDM) in Ministry of Textiles Recruitment
Senior Consultant (M.Com, M.Sc, MBA/PGDM)
Ministry of Textiles
Consultant/ Specialist/ Senior Consultant Vacancies Last Date 08 January 2021 (Delhi), Ministry of Textiles recruits Consultant/ Specialist/ Senior Consultant posts. M.Com, M.Sc., MBA/PGDM experienced candidates can apply.
About Ministry of Textiles
Functions and Organizational Set-up
The Ministry of Textiles is responsible for policy formulation, planning, development, export promotion and trade regulation of the Textiles Industry. This includes all natural and man made cellulosic fibres that go into the making of textiles, clothing, and handicrafts. The Ministry is headed by a Secretary, who is assisted in the discharge of duties by four Joint Secretaries, , the Development Commissioners for Handlooms and Handicrafts, the Economic Advisor, the Textiles Commissioner and the Jute Commissioner.
The Ministry has the vision to build state of the art production capacities and achieve a pre-eminent global standing in manufacture and export of all types of textiles including technical textiles, jute, silk, cotton and wool and develop a vibrant handlooms and handicrafts sector for sustainable economic development and promoting and preserving the age old cultural heritage in these sectors.
Contact Us:Udyog Bhavan, New Delhi – 110 107
For more Government jobs, Please visit