कोच्ची मेट्रो रेल लिमिटेड
Kochi Metro Rail Limited (KMRL)
KMRL is a 50:50 Joint Venture of Government of India and Government of Kerala incorporated for the implementation
of the Kochi Metro Rail project and for its Operation & Maintenance.
We are looking for an experienced IT professional with capabilities in AI, ML, Blockchain, RPA, ERP, Cybersecurity,
IT infrastructure, IT governance and Applications service delivery, typically involves leading and managing the
organization’s technology-related functions and with bright academic record to join the organization in their IT
Department as Joint General Manager (IT) at E6 Level. We provide best in class exposure to our employees in terms
of Pay & Allowances, Career Growth & Professional and Personal Development Opportunities.
Details of Post and Minimum Eligibility Criteria
|Name of the Post
|Total no. of Vacancies
|Type of Recruitment
|Minimum Educational Qualification
|Minimum Job Experience
|Maximum Age Limit (as on 1st July 2023)
|Joint General Manager (IT) (E6)
|a) On contract basis for a period of three years extendable for further period based on the
satisfactory performance and requirement.
b) On Deputation basis for a period of three years extendable for two years, as per the Deputation
|BE/ B.Tech in IT/Computer Science/Electronics & Communication Engineering from any AICTE recognized
|Minimum 15 years of post-qualification IT related experience for JGM, with at least 5 years of
experience in IT Deputy Leadership/Leadership roles. Should have experience in development of Mobile
App, Website designing, Office Automation etc. Candidates working in PSU/ Govt. Organization should be
working in the equivalent scale or should have minimum two years’ experience in immediate lower
grade/its equivalent scale. Subject to fulfilling the other requirements, Candidates from Private
Sector Companies will be considered subject to their present CTC being at least Rs.1.57 lakh per month.
|48 Years for JGM (Age relaxation applicable as per reservation rules)
Detailed Job Description (Indicative)
- Develop and implement the company’s technology strategy in alignment with its business objectives.
- Develop and implement AI and ML solutions to optimize business processes and enhance customer experience.
- Explore the potential of block chain technology and develop solutions to leverage its benefits and oversee developments of robotic projects.
- Oversee the IT infrastructure, including servers, clouds, networks, databases, and storage systems, to ensure reliability, security, and availability.
- Manage the Company’s ERP Systems, including installation, Maintenance, upgrades and customization to meet business requirements.
- Develop and maintain digital applications, including mobile and web-based apps, to enhance customer engagement and internal operations.
- Oversee the company’s cyber security program, including risk assessment, threat analysis, security policies, and training to ensure the protection of the company’s data and systems.
- Define and deploy cyber security and data privacy measures to meet compliance requirements, Define and deploy IT policies across the company.
- Implement RPA to automate repetitive tasks and improve operational efficiency.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage complex IT projects from conception to completion.
- Manage the IT budget and ensure cost-effectiveness and ROI of technology investments.
- Managing technology infrastructure and assets at across locations and maintain, support company’s technology hardware and software.
- Analyzing technical needs, requirements, and state of the server, storage and virtualization infrastructure design, integration, and operations.
- Managing emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility.
- Acquiring new software and hardware, negotiating service contracts and building relationships with vendors and service providers.
- Leading efforts to research, pilot new technology to improve Infrastructure service and developing processes to streamline and automate routine tasks.
- Train the employees in IT.
How to Apply:
Applicants should read the instructions in the website kochimetro.org/careers thoroughly before applying.
Application form may be filled online by selecting the link in KMRL website. The scanned copy of the supporting
documents should be uploaded, failing which the application will be treated as incomplete. All the supporting documents shall be uploaded.
Applications forwarded through any other means including fax or e-mail will not be entertained.
The last date of submission of on-line application is 01st August 2023.
Joint General Manager Various Last Date – 01 August 2023 (Kochi, Kerala), Kochi Metro Rail Limited (KMRL) recruits Joint General Manager posts B.Tech/B.E Experienced candidates can apply.
Name of the Post(CLOSED)
Addl. Chief Engineer (Rolling Stock & Electrical)
Total No. of Post
Type of Employment
On Re-employment basis for an initial period of TWO Years – to be further extendable for additional terms/ periods, or up to attaining the age of 65 years or maximum of 5 years from initial appointment, whichever is earlier, subject to consistent good performance, conduct and requirement of Project/ discretion of Management.
B. B.E./B.Tech or B. Sc (Engg) in Electrical Engineering from Recognized AICTE/ UGC approved University/ Institute (including Retd./Conferred IRSEE Officers of Indian Railways)
Minimum 17 years post qualification experience out of which minimum 12 years in executive/ managerial cadre in:
- Railway or its subsidiary/Sister concerns/Rail PSU’s
- Metro Rail Corporations
The officer should have varied experience of working in Railway/Rail PSUs/Metro Rail Companies in the Electrical department/Rolling Stock maintenance. Candidates can be Retired Officers of Railway/Rail PSUs/Metro Rail Companies in the pay scale of Rs.37400-67000(GP8900) or – in the pay scale of Rs.37400-67000(GP8700)- (CDA pattern) or in the pay scale of Rs.100000-260000/- or Rs.90000-260000/- (IDA pattern) under similar roles as mentioned above.
The candidate selected on re-employment shall be given a consolidated pay of Rs.1,46,000/- per month.
Minimum & Maximum Age Limit (as on 1st June 2023)
Minimum 56 Years & Maximum 62 Years as on 01/06/2023
- Only Indian Nationals should apply.
- Age, Qualification & Experience shall be reckoned as on 01.06.2023.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for the interview, which will be communicated through email only. KMRL reserves the right to shortlist the candidates.
- Acceptance or rejection of the application of the candidates will be the sole discretion of the Management. Incomplete applications are liable to be rejected.
- KMRL management reserves the right to cancel or amend this advertisement.
- Applications of candidates attempting to influence or interfere with the selection process will be rejected summarily, and he/she will be declared disqualified for future vacancies in KMRL.
- No TA/DA will be paid by KMRL to candidates for attending the interview.
- KMRL reserves the right not to fill the position or not to select any candidate without assigning any reason.
- Candidature of a candidate is liable to be rejected at any stage of the recruitment process or after recruitment or joining, if any information provided by the candidate is found to be false or not in conformity with the eligibility criteria mentioned in the advertisement.
- The selected candidate will be initially posted at Kochi and is liable to posted at any location in Kerala or in India as per the project requirement.
- Merely fulfilling the minimum qualifications and experience will not confer on any candidate the right to be called for an interview or to be selected.
- Candidates who are about to retire and willing to resign or take voluntary retirement and possessing the required age, qualification & experience are also eligible to apply.
- The Reemployed personnel will be eligible for the reimbursements as applicable to his equivalent grade, as per the reemployed guidelines/rules of KMRL and as amended from time to time.
- No correspondence, whatsoever, will be entertained from candidates regarding conduct and result of interview and reasons for not being called for interview or selection.
- The period of engagement will be initially for two years, extendable further till attaining the age of 65 years or maximum of 5 years, whichever is earlier, subject to good performance, conduct, and Project requirement.
How to Apply
- Applicants should send their application, as per the enclosed Format.
- Name of the post applied for should be super scribed on the envelope containing the application.
- The application should contain one recent passport size photograph pasted on the form, self-attested copy of proof of age, degree certificates, and experiences certificate.
- Prescribed applications must be forwarded to KMRL through Post/Courier Service with the subject-“Application for the post of Addl. Chief Engineer (Rolling Stock & Electrical)”.
- Duly filled in applications in hard copy along with related document copies must reach the General Manager (HR, Admin. & Trg.), Kochi Metro Rail Limited, 4th Floor, JLN Metro Station, Kaloor, Kochi-682 017 on or before 24.06.2023 5.00 pm.
- KMRL will not be responsible for any delay/loss in postal/email transit of any application or communication.
Additional Chief Engineer Various Last Date – 24 June 2023 (Kochi, Kerala), Kochi Metro Rail Limited (KMRL) recruits Additional Chief Engineer posts B.Sc, B.Tech/B.E Experienced candidates can apply.
Director (CA,MBA/PGDM)(CLOSED) Recruitment in Kochi Metro Rail Limited
Date For KMRL Recruitment
Director Various Last Date – 09 April 2022 (Kochi, Kerala), Kochi Metro Rail Limited (KMRL) recruits Director posts.CA,MBA/PGDM, Experienced candidates can apply.
Chief Engineer (Design) – On Contract/ Deputation/Sr. Consultant (B.Sc, B.Tech/B.E) (CLOSED) Recruitment in Kochi Metro Rail Limited
Date For KMRL Recruitment
Chief Engineer Vacancy – Last Date 15 December 2021 (Kochi, Kerala), Kochi Metro Rail Limited (KMRL) recruits Chief Engineer posts. B.Sc, B.Tech/B.E, Experienced candidates can apply.
About Kochi Metro Rail Limited (KMRL) – कोच्ची मेट्रो रेल लिमिटेड:
Vision Our vision is to be a world-class metro rail system that enhances the quality of life for the citizens of Kochi. Mission To provide a reliable, safe, efficient, viable and customer friendly rapid transit system for the greater Kochi area that is environmentally sustainable. Strategic Goals To introduce a world-class metro system in Cochin to enhance the quality of life for the Greater Kochi metro area by improving regional connections and reducing overcrowding, traffic congestion, transit time, air and noise pollution. To adopt a stakeholder approach to improve connectivity and quality of life by coordinating and consulting with important stakeholder groups, such as community groups, business groups, environmental groups, state and central governments, architects and planners, and various regulatory agencies.
Postal Address:Regd. Office. 8th Floor, Revenue Tower, Park Avenue Kochi. 682011 Kerala
Tel:+91-484-2380980, +91-484-2350355 ,+91-484-2350455,+91-484-2350955
For more Government jobs, Please visit www.sarkari-naukri.in