इंडियन इंस्टिट्यूट ऑफ़ ट्रॉपिकल मीटरोलॉजी
The Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM)
The Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM) is an autonomous research organization fully funded by the Ministry of Earth Sciences, New Delhi. It is a premier Institute of National and International repute, devoted to research in various aspects of Atmospheric Sciences. The Institute has excellent infrastructural facilities such as high-performance computers, observational laboratories, a modern library, a workshop, etc. It has a strong link with various Universities and National and International Organizations.
Project Associate -I Recruitment
The Institute is currently looking for recruiting one post of Project Associate -I purely on a temporary and short-term contract basis for its CAQM Project titled “Decision Support System for Air Quality Management in Delhi and its Bordering District in the National Capital Region.”
Project Associate -I Details
- Name of the post: Project Associate -I
- Number of post: 01 No.
- Place of posting: New Delhi
- M.Sc (Atmospheric Sciences/ Physics) from a recognized University or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology from a recognized University or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Python, Matlab, R/FORTRAN.
- It is desirable if the candidate has hands-on experience in running WRF/WRF-Chem model.
- The selected candidate has to help in the development, analysis of; and preparation of scientific reports and manuscripts using; the Decision Support System framework for air quality management.
- The candidate has to work in Delhi and should be willing to relocate anywhere in India.
Up to 35 years as on 10th July, 2023
*Rs. 31,000/- + HRA or Rs. 25,000/- + HRA
[Emoluments for Candidates having NET/CSIR-UGG / GATE or having passed national-level examination conducted by Central Govt. Dept. and their agencies and Institutions]
Interview Date, Reporting time & Venue
Date: 10th July, 2023
Time: 10.00 am
Venue: Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology, New Delhi Branch, Prof. Ramnath Vij Marg, R-Block, New Rajinder Nagar, New Delhi – 110060
Initially for the period of 6 months. Extension of tenure is co-terminous with the project period and subject to satisfactory performance.
भारतीय उष्णदेशीय मौसम विज्ञान संस्थान
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TROPICAL METEOROLOGY (IITM)
डॉ होमी भाभा मार्ग, पाषाणपुणे-411008 /
Dr. Homi Bhabha Road, Pune-411008
Advertisement Number: PER/06/2023
- Candidates who fulfill the above criteria only should attend the walk-in interview.
- Upper age limit is relaxed by 05 years for SC/ST, 03 years for OBC, 10 years for physically handicapped and as per rule for ex-servicemen.
- No TA/DA will be paid to the candidates for appearing walk-in-interview. For SC/ST candidates, admissible TA/DA shall be considered as per Government of India orders.
- Candidates must produce all original documents as proof for verification and a photocopy of each along with duly filled attached application, at the time of interview/joining. Non-production of the original certificates during the interview/joining will also disqualify the candidate.
- The Competent Authority of this Institute reserves the right to terminate the appointment of the above posts without assigning any reason thereof.
- The Competent Authority of this Institute reserves the right to cancel the recruitment process for the positions mentioned above at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Selected candidates may have to join the post immediately upon being found fit by the Medical Authority.
Project Associate I Vacancy – Last Date 10 July 2023 (Pune, Maharashtra), Indian Institute Of Tropical Meteorology (IITM) recruits Project Associate I posts. Candidates with B.Tech/B.E, M.Sc can apply.
Section Officer Job Advertisement(CLOSED)
- Post: Section Officer
- Post Code: 001
- Number of Posts: 04 (Four)
- Pay Matrix: Pay Level 7 of 7th CPC, Rs. 44900-142400 and allowances as admissible.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years administrative / Accts/purchase & stores experience (relevant to the post in a Govt. or Semi-Govt. Organization of which at least 3 years should be in a supervisory grade).
Having knowledge of Computer Applications, Internet, MS Office, etc. and well versed in the field of Administration.
To deal with all service-related matters i.e. promotion, recruitment/Accounts/Purchase & Stores, etc. in addition to keeping liaison with the parent Ministry and dealing with legal matters related to the Institute. Also, any other additional responsibility assigned by HoA/Director.
The maximum age limit for appointment by deputation/absorption shall not exceed 56 years, as on the closing date of receipt of the application.
- Only Indian Nationals are eligible and need to apply.
- The place of posting is at Pune with transfer liability to any part of India.
- The Institute may restrict the number of candidates to be called for an interview through Shortlisting Process by adopting suitable criteria.
- Director, IITM reserves the right to fill-up or not to fill up the post advertised without assigning any reasons thereof.
- No request for direct absorption will be entertained.
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview. For SC/ST candidates admissible TA/DA shall be considered as per Government of India orders.
- Mere possession of required qualification will not entitle the candidates to be called for an interview.
- Candidates working in Central Government Departments/Autonomous Bodies/State Government Departments/Semi Government should apply through proper channel.
- Candidates serving in Central Government Departments/Autonomous Bodies/State Government Departments/Semi Government are required to enclose attested photocopies of the APAR of the last 5 years along with their application.
- The candidates should arrange two letters of reference to be sent directly to the undersigned from Gazetted Officers familiar with the candidate’s work.
- The envelope, containing a complete application, should be super-scribed as “Application for the post of Section Officer for IITM”.
- Experience and Desirable qualifications can be relaxed at the discretion of the Director in case of exceptionally good candidates.
- Experience shall mean the experience in the relevant field acquired from Central Government Departments/Autonomous Bodies/State Government Departments/Semi Government.
- No interim enquiries/correspondence/communication of any sort will be entertained on the matter.
- Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate from being called for an interview.
- Candidates must produce all original documents as proof of details furnished in the application at the time of the interview for verification, and the same will be returned after verification.
- Online application submitted without the scanned copies of relevant certificates will be rejected.
- Facility of submitting an online application will commence on 01.05.2023 by 3.00 p.m. and close on 15.06.2023 by 6.00 p.m.
- After submitting the online application, candidates must send the hard copy of their application by Registered Post/Speed Post only along with all necessary documents on the below-mentioned address and should reach the latest by 05.00 p.m. on 22.06.2023, failing which the online application will be treated as rejected.
For more information, please refer to the official advertisement.
Section Officer Vacancy – Last Date 15 June 2023 (Pune, Maharashtra), Indian Institute Of Tropical Meteorology (IITM) recruits Section Officer posts. Candidates with Any Bachelors Degree (Relevant Disciplines) can apply.
Name of the post:IITM Research Associate
Essential Qualification:Doctorate degree from a recognized University in Meteorology/Atmospheric Sciences/ Oceanography/ Physics/ Applied Physics/Geophysics / Mathematics/ Applied Mathematics/ Statistics/Chemistry/ Mechanical Engineering/ Aerospace Engineering/Geology/ Earth Sciences/ Computer Science/ Computer Applications or equivalent subjects and having at least one firstauthor research paper in Science Citation Index (SCI) journal in the relevant field.
Desirable Qualification:i) Candidate should have minimum 60% aggregate mark in the Master’s degree.ii) Skill in Computer programming using Python, AI/ML, FORTRAN, C++, R etc., shell scripting, acquainted with MATLAB software, CFD softwares, MET-TC, VSDB etc. Experience with Linux operating system. iii) Experience/Demonstrated skill in any one or more of the following areas as evidenced by peer-reviewed publication(s):(a) Weather and climate modelling/ observational techniques/ data
analysis/ tropical cyclone research / WRF model parameterizations and simulations / WRF Setup / WRF LES / CMIP5 / CMIP6 / DNS and model analyses. Post processing with NCL (b) Analysing/observing/monitoring instruments such as multilevel
AWS, Soil Moisture, Radiation, GHG etc. (c) Land Surface processes studies (d) Climate variability and Prediction
(e) Observation and modelling of isotope hydrology (f) Balloonsonde observation / analyses and climate model simulations
(g) RADAR Meteorology, handling / processing Remote Sensing data from Satellite, RADAR etc. (h) Laboratory fluid dynamics, turbulence experiments, hotwire anemometry, PIV, optical measurements (i) Analyses/monitoring of soil moisture, surface and sub surface fluxes, evapotranspiration, runoff etc. (j) Aerosol radiative heating processes and Atmospheric Boundary Layer process studies.
Age Limit: 35 years as on 26.06.2023
General Conditions: Only Indian Nationals need to applyThe positions are purely temporary and only for specific duration.
The number of positions indicated above is provisional.
The Director, IITM reserves the right to cancel/postpone the interview without
any reason thereof.
The Director, IITM reserves the right not to fill up all or any of the positions.
Candidates called for Interview will have to produce all relevant original
documents, including No Objection Certificate (if employed already under
Central/State Government, Public Sector Undertakings or Autonomous Bodies) as
proof of details furnished in their applications submitted on-line, along with a set
of self-attested photocopies at the time of Interview. If any information
furnished online is found to be wrong/false/suppressed the facts at any stage of
the recruitment process, the candidate will not be allowed for Interview and no
Travelling Allowance shall be paid. In case such false information is discovered
after the candidate has been selected/ appointed, he/she is liable to be
terminated without assigning any reason.
It is for the candidate to ensure that he / she fulfills the eligibility criteria and
complies with the requirements and adheres to the instructions contained in this
advertisement as well as in the application form. Candidates are, therefore, urged
to carefully read the advertisement and complete the application form and submit
the same as per instructions given in this regard.
Incomplete applications with missing photograph, documents etc. (see “Uploading
of Documents” instruction mentioned above) will be rejected outright.
No TA/DA will be paid for attending the written test/ interview. For SC/ST
candidates admissible TA/DA shall be considered as per Government of India
Applications will be received on-line only and all further communications including
the Call Letter for interview to the selected candidates will be made to the
applicants through email/ IITM website only. Therefore, the applicants are
advised to provide correct email address, check their e-mail from time to time
(including spam folder) and visit IITM website on regular basis. IITM will not be
responsible for non-receipt of any communication, due to technical reasons or
whatsoever, to the candidates.
In case the candidates are awarded Grades/CGPA instead of marks, the
conversion of Grades/CGPA to percentage of marks would be based on the
procedure certified by the University from where they have obtained the Degree.
The onus of proving the conversion from Grades/CGPA to percentage of marks
would rest with the candidate. Candidates must indicate equivalent percentage in
relevant column of online application form as per the norms adopted by the
University and submit the necessary proof for equivalent percentage (i.e., norms
adopted by the University or certified copy from University stating the
Equivalent percentage). If a University/Institution confirms that there is no
scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be
established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum CGPA and
multiplying the result with 100.
Candidates possessing Degrees awarded by foreign universities should produce
the equivalency certificate issued by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
New Delhi. Such certificate needs to be produced at the time of interview.
No interim correspondence will be entertained.
Canvassing in any form will lead to disqualification.
Last date for receipt of online applications will be the cut-off date for all
purposes such as age limit etc.
Selected candidates will be required to join the post immediately on being found
fit by the prescribed Medical Authority.
The selected JRFs are required to register for Ph.D. in recognized Universities
and take up relevant research topic benefitting the individual and IITM.
In case of any ambiguity/ dispute arises on account of interpretation of Hindi
version, contents enumerated in English version only shall finally prevail.
It may be noted that corrigendum, if any, related to any modifications to the
Essential Qualification Requirements, No. of posts, etc., will be notified in IITM
website only and will not be notified/advertised in newspapers.
Candidates appointed against above posts shall not have any claim or right for
regular appointment against any posts in IITM and the services of the appointed
candidates are liable to be terminated without any notice and without assigning
any reasons thereof
Research Associate, Research Fellow Vacancy – Last Date 26 June 2023 (Pune, Maharashtra), Indian Institute Of Tropical Meteorology (IITM) recruits Research Associate, Research Fellow posts. Candidates with PG, Ph.D (Relevant Disciplines) can apply.
Section Officer ( Any Bachelors Degree) in Indian Institute Of Tropical Meteorology Pune - IITM Pune Recruitment
Section Officer ( Any Bachelors Degree)
Section Officer Vacancy – Last Date 15 June 2023 (Pune, Maharashtra), Indian Institute Of Tropical Meteorology (IITM) recruits Section Officer posts. Candidates with Any Bachelors Degree can apply.
About Indian Institute Of Tropical Meteorology (IITM) – इंडियन इंस्टिट्यूट ऑफ़ ट्रॉपिकल मीटरोलॉजी:
The need to study the fundamental atmospheric problems and understand the mechanism of monsoon, weather systems and climate related processes in the tropical region, particularly over the monsoon region, became acute for India in 1950’s when the country’s post Independence economic development program was launched. Considering this urgent need the World Meteorological Organization (WMO), in its Third Congress, recommended the creation of meteorological research and training institutes in the tropical countries. The proposal was formally approved by the Government of India in February 1962 as one of the schemes under its Third Five Year Plan and finally the Institute was founded as the Institute of Tropical Meteorology (ITM) on 17 November, 1962 at Pune (the then Poona), as a distinct unit of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
Postal Address:Dr. Homi Bhabha Road, Pashan, Pune 411 008 Maharashtra
For more Government jobs, Please visit www.sarkari-naukri.in