इंडियन इंस्टिट्यूट ऑफ़ साइंस एजुकेशन एंड रिसर्च बेरहामपुर
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Berhampur
Premier autonomous Institution of National Importance established by the Ministry of Education (MoE),
Govt. of India (GoI) for promotion of high-quality science education and research in the country. IISER
Berhampur was set up as the 7th IISER by Govt. of India in 2016 under MISER Act, 2007.
Invites Applications for Vacant Positions
The Institute invites applications from Indian Nationals, including eligible Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs)
as covered under the rules, possessing excellent academic record and relevant work experience for vacant
positions at the level of Assistant Professor Grade-I, Associate Professor, and Professor in the following
areas of specializations under the respective Departments:
Area of Specialization
Immunology, Human Genetics, Ecologist (Marine), Human Genomics, Microbiologist
Quantum Chemistry, Theoretical Chemistry, Electrochemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Supramolecular
Chemistry, Material Chemistry
Statistics, Probability Theory, Operation Algebra, Graph Theory
Atomic, Soft Condensed Matter, Cosmology, Non-Linear Physics, Astroparticle Physics, Quantum
Earth and Environmental Sciences
Paleontology, Mineralogy, Remote Sensing-GIS, Geophysics, Marine Geochemistry, Geodynamics
Computer Sciences/ Data Sciences
Algorithm, Complexity, Science of Computer Programming, Data Sciences
The above areas of specialization are indicative in nature only. Exceptionally bright and motivated applicants
with an established record of high-quality research and teaching with commitment to institutional development
are encouraged to apply.
Details of the Posts
Name of the Posts
Horizontal reservation of prescribed 4% for PwBD candidates as per the relevant Act & instructions of the
Govt. of India as applicable.
Professor, Assistant Professor, Vacancy – Last Date – 23 August 2023 (Pune, Maharashtra), Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER Berhampur) recruits Professor, Assistant Professor, post. Candidate with Any Masters Degree, M.Phil/Ph.D Experienced Candidates can apply.
Junior Research Fellow – Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Berhampur(CLOSED)
|Name of the position||Junior Research Fellow|
|No. of positions||01|
|Type of engagement||Temporary|
|Name of the Project||Comparative Genomics and Computational Structural Biology approaches to Comprehend the Genome Evolution and|
Adaptation of Vertebrate RNA Viruses
|Funding Agency||Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Berhampur|
|Principal investigator (PI) with contact details||Dr. Arunkumar Krishnan|
Dept. of Biological Sciences
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Berhampur, Odisha
|Qualification and experience||Master’s Degree with expertise in Biological Sciences / Bioinformatics / Computer Science / Data Science|
|Period of engagement||1 year. The position is extendable based on performance.|
|Fellowship/Remuneration per month||Rs. 31,000/month + 9% HRA|
|Job requirement||Master’s Degree in Biological Sciences / Bioinformatics / Computer Science / Data Science. The candidate should|
have a strong inclination towards learning new methods and computational approaches.
|Last date of applications||A detailed CV (pdf file < 10 MB) and a research statement containing the background and motivation for|
research (pdf file < 10 MB) has to be sent to the PI at akrishnaniiserbpracin latest by 23/07/2023 (1700 hrs)
with the subject line “Application for JRF”.
|Interview||The date of the interview will be informed later to the shortlisted candidates through email/phone. The|
interview will be conducted online via Google Meet.
Junior Research Fellow Vacancy – Last Date – 23 July 2023 (Pune, Maharashtra), Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER Berhampur) recruits Junior Research Fellow post. Candidate with M.Sc Experienced Candidates can apply.
Job Advertisement – Non-Teaching Positions(CLOSED)
1. Deputy Registrar
Name of Post: Deputy Registrar
No. of Vacancy: 01-UR
Pay Level: 12
Upper Age Limit: 55 years
Academic: Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks or equivalent grade of ‘B’ in the UGC seven-point scale. Knowledge of computer applications like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- 5 years of administrative experience as Assistant Registrar at level-10 or in an equivalent post, OR
- Nine years of experience as Assistant Professor in the AGP 6000/- (Level 10) and above, with experience in educational administration, OR
- Comparable 5 years’ experience in a research establishment and/or other institutions of higher education at level-10.
While gaining the above experience, the candidate should have worked in a Government or Semi-Government Organization/University/Institutions of national standing, etc., in the following areas with sufficient computer literacy and ability to work independently:
- Administrative Matters including Legal, Labour Relations & Laws, Public Relations, Recruitments, Establishments in Administrative Wing.
- Academic Matters such as Conduct of Examinations, Maintenance of Students’ Records in Academic Section.
- Possessing experience of handling Administrative/Financial Budget/Accounts Matter in a responsible capacity in Finance & Accounts Section.
- Estate Management, Materials Management & Import Procedures in Stores & Purchase Section/Estate Office.
- Qualification in the area of Management/Engineering/Law.
- Experience in handling Computerized Administration/Legal/Financial/Establishment Matters.
- A Chartered or Cost Accountant Degree or Diploma for the post of Deputy Registrar (Finance and Accounts) or Deputy Registrar (Internal Audit).
Experience: Candidates should have leadership qualities and requisite experience in one or more of the following areas: Accounting, Administration, Academics Matters, Auditing and Financial Procedures, Materials Management, Procurement/Distribution of Materials, Import Procedure/Stores Accounting, Stock Verification, etc. Practical experience of using relevant software(s) in related areas is essential. Minimum five (5) years of work experience in Central/State Govt. or similar organized services/Semi-Govt./PSU/Govt. Autonomous organizations/Govt. Universities/Govt. Institutes of National Importance.
2. Technical Officer
No. of Vacancy: 01-UR
Pay Level: 10
Upper Age Limit: 40 years
Academic: B.E./B. Tech. or M.Sc./MCA Degree in the relevant field with first class or equivalent grade (6.5 in 10 point scale) and consistently excellent academic record.
Experience: 5 years’ experience in the relevant field, e.g., System Administration, Software Development, Fabrication, Database Management, Networking, Campus Telephony Services, and support to Scientific/Technical Research.
- M. Tech./Ph.D. Qualifying in the national level test conducted for the purpose by the UGC or any other agency approved by the UGC.
Experience: At least 5 years of relevant experience in system hardware and networking management in a supervisory position in Multi-National/Research/Academic Establishments of National/International Repute. Technical knowledge in at least one of the following areas:
- Open Source RDBMS like PostGreSQL, MySQL, etc./Oracle, Software Development, and programming.
- Programming Languages like Java, C++, Visual Basic, and Packages like PHP/ASP/Developer.
- LAN/WAN, Storage systems, Security Devices/Appliances.
Five (5) years of work experience in Central/State Govt. or similar organized services/Semi-Govt./PSU/Govt. Autonomous organizations/Govt. Universities/Govt. Institutes of National Importance.
No. of Vacancy: 01-UR
Pay Level: Level – 7
Upper Age Limit: 35 years
- Master’s Degree in any discipline or its equivalent grade.
- Knowledge of computer applications with sufficient typing speed, proficiency in office application like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Experience: 4 years of relevant supervisory experience in Administration/Accounts/Secretarial work in any Central/State Govt. or similar organized services/Semi-Govt./PSU/Govt. Autonomous organization/Govt. Universities/Govt. Institute of National Importance.
Academic: Master’s Degree in Sciences/Commerce/Arts awarded by any University recognized by UGC or AICTE.
Experience: 5 years of work experience in Central/State Govt. or similar organized services/Semi-Govt./PSU/Govt. Autonomous organizations/Govt. Universities/Govt. Institutes of National Importance. and relevant experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Internal Audit: Cost & Accounts Audit, Work Accounts & Audit.
- R & D Grant Management, Experience of handling R&D Project through Automation, Grant Management Financial Budgeting/Accounting/Annual Accounts preparation, etc.
- Stores & Purchase: Materials Management and Import procedures.
- Faculty Affairs & Establishments: Administrative matters including Legal, Labour Laws, Public Relations, Recruitments, Establishments/and Coordination.
- Academic Affairs & Students’ Affairs: Academic Matters such as Conduct of Examinations, Maintenance of Students’ Records and Students’ Welfare Management.
- Legal and Coordination, Estate Management including Security Matters, Outsourcing Contract Management, Logistics Management, etc.
- Working experience in Hindi: suitable work experience in Hindi Translation/Typing/Stenography in discharging duties in Rajbhasha Cell will be an added advantage.
Junior Superintendent and Deputy Registrar, Technical Officer Vacancy – Last Date – 30 June 2023 (Pune, Maharashtra), Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER Berhampur) recruits Junior Superintendent and Deputy Registrar, Technical Officer post. Candidate with Any Bachelors Degree, B.Tech/B.E, Any Masters Degree, M.A, M.Com, M.Sc, M.E/M.Tech, MCA, M.Phil/Ph.D Experienced Candidates can apply.
Post Doctoral Research Fellow ( M.Phil/Ph.D) in Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Recruitment
Post Doctoral Research Fellow ( M.Phil/Ph.D)
Post Doctoral Research Fellow Vacancy – Last Date – 12 May 2023 (Pune, Maharashtra), Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER Berhampur) recruits Post Doctoral Research Fellow post. Candidate with M.Phil/Ph.D Experienced Candidates can apply.
About Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER Berhampur) – इंडियन इंस्टिट्यूट ऑफ़ साइंस एजुकेशन एंड रिसर्च बेरहामपुर:
The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India, has proclaimed Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Berhampur to promote quality education and cutting edge research in basic sciences and to provide a platform for the faculty to engage in high quality education, at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The classes will begin from the academic session of 2016-17.
Contact Us:Industrial Training Institute (ITI) Berhampur, Engineering School Road, Berhampur – 760 010, Ganjam District, Odisha
For more Government jobs, Please visit