Applications are invited for appointment to the following post of Assistant Professor on Contract basis (Temporary) for the First term of the academic year 2023-24, extendable for the second term of the academic year 2023-24 in Goa University based on need.
No. of Posts
Date and time of interview
Assistant Professor in Sociology
MA in Sociology
22/06/2023 at 10.00 a.m.
Assistant Professor in Electronics
MSc in Electronics
22/06/2023 at 03.00 p.m.
The above walk-in-interview will be held in the Conference Hall, Administrative Block, Goa University.
Minimum qualifications for appointment to the post of Assistant Professor:
Eligibility (A or B)
- A Master’s degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/relevant/allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SET, or who are or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be or have been awarded a Ph.D. degree from National Institutes of Importance are exempted from NET/SET:
- The candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Bye-laws/Statutes of the Institution awarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in the University subject to the fulfillment of the specified conditions.
Note: NET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SET is not conducted by the UGC, CSIR, or similar test accredited by the UGC, like SET. Candidates with publications in peer-reviewed journals as approved by Goa University from time to time or UGC-listed journals shall be desirable.
The Ph.D. degree has been obtained from a foreign university/institution with a ranking among the top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following:
- Quacqarelli Symonds (QS)
- The Times Higher Education (THE)
- The Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai)
In addition to the requirements specified above, the following mandatory requirements shall be applicable:
- Minimum of 15 years of Residence in Goa.
- Knowledge of Konkani. Additionally, Knowledge of Marathi shall be desirable.
- Only candidates having the prescribed qualification and meet the essential conditions will be allowed to appear for the interview.
- Candidates should register their names in the office of the Assistant Registrar (Teaching), Administrative Office, Goa University half an hour before the scheduled time of the interview.
- Application on plain paper addressed to the Registrar, Goa University, bio-data with self-attested copies of valid caste certificate, valid residence certificate, and certificates pertaining to educational qualification shall be submitted at the time of registration.
- In case a candidate from the reserved category is not available, candidates from the General category will be considered for a shorter period of appointment.
- Candidates shall produce the original certificates for verification during the interview.
- University reserves the right not to fill up the position/cancel the selection process at any point of time without assigning any reasons, and no expenses/refund shall be payable to any applicant in such cases.
Assistant Professor Vacancy – Last Date- 22 June 2023 (Taleigao , Goa), Goa University recruits Assistant Professor posts. Candidate with M.A, M.Sc can apply.
Junior Research Fellow (M.Sc)(CLOSED) in Goa University Recruitment
Junior Research Fellow (M.Sc)(CLOSED)
Junior Research Fellow Vacancy – Last Date- 05 May 2023 (Taleigao , Goa), Goa University recruits Junior Research Fellow posts. Candidate with M.Sc can apply.
Deputy Registrar (Any Post Graduate)(CLOSED) in Goa University Recruitment
Deputy Registrar (Any Post Graduate)(CLOSED)
Deputy Registrar Vacancy – Last Date- 23 March 2023 (Taleigao , Goa), Goa University recruits Deputy Registrar posts. Candidate with Any Post Graduate can apply.
Project Fellow (M.Sc)(CLOSED) in Goa University Recruitment
Project Fellow (M.Sc)(CLOSED)
Project Fellow Vacancy – Last Date 08 February 2023 (Taleigao , Goa), Goa University recruits Project Fellow posts. Candidate with M.Sc can apply.
About Goa University (गोवा यूनिवर्सिटी):
Goa University was established under the Goa University Act of 1984 (Act No. 7 of 1984) and commenced operations on 1 June 1985. The university provides higher education in the Indian state of Goa. It is located on Taleigao Plateau overlooking Zuari estuary on a picturesque campus spread over 402 acres with state-of-the-art infrastructure such as faculty blocks, administrative building, library, sports facilities, student hostels, bank, post-office, staff quarters, etc. Campus-Wide Internet connectivity with strong bandwidth is available for all 24 hours a day.
The University took over the enhanced role of Centre of Post-Graduate Instruction and Research (CPIR) which was set after the liberation of Goa by India in December 1961, by the University of Bombay (now Mumbai), in June 1962. Since 1985 Goa University offers graduate and post-graduate studies and research programmes. It is currently (2014-19) accredited to the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) in India with A Grade. The National Institutional Ranking Facility (NIRF) (an organ of Ministry of Human Resources and Development, Govt. of India) in its third cycle of ranking Indian Higher Educational Institutions in the year 2017, ranked Goa University at 68th rank among 3000+ institutions that participated from India.
Contact Us:Goa University Taleigao Plateau Goa
For more Government jobs, Please visit