Part time teachers/ Teaching Associates (Agricultural Microbiology)
Part time teachers/ Teaching Associates (Comprehensionand communicationSkills in English)
Part time teachers/ Teaching Associates (ntroductory soil and Water Conservation Engineering)
Part time teachers/ Teaching Associates (Live Stock, poultry and Fisheries Management)
Professor Jayashankar Telangana State Agricultural University-PJTSAU (Hyderabad, Telangana) recruits Research Associate posts. Ph.D, M.Sc, M.V.Sc, M.Tech., M.Phil experience candidates can apply.
About Professor Jayashankar Telangana State Agricultural University(PJTSAU)
Prof. Jayashankar Telangana State Agricultural University (PJTSAU) named in honour and memory of Professor Jayashankar, an eminent educationist and an ardent Telangana ideologue is the only Farm University of Telangana state which came into being in the event of the bifurcation from Acharya NG Ranga Agricultural University , the only farm university for erstwhile United State of Andhra Pradesh.
The state of Telangana was born on June 2nd 2014, as per the notification of Andhra Pradesh Reorganization Act.2014 and the Prof.
Jayashankar Telangana Agricultural University was established as per the Telangana Govt’s G.O. Ms No.7, Agricultural and Cooperation (Agri III) Department, Govt. of Telangana dated 31-07-2014 adapting the ANGRAU Act 1963 as “The ANGRAU Act of 1963 (Telangana Adaptation) order, 2014”.
It caters to the needs of an enterprising farming community of Telangana, which is endowed with abundant natural resources, diverse soil and agro-climatic conditions suitable for varied cropping systems and has the potential to become the ‘Seed bowl of India’
A bust size bronze statue of Professor Jayashankar was unveiled by Sri. K.Chandrasekhar Rao, the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Telangana on 6th August, 2014 at the main campus of the University.
After bifurcation, the PJTSAU has five constituent colleges with three of those devoted to faculty of Agriculture, one to faculty of Agricultural Engineering and Technology and one to faculty of Home Science. In addition, there are nine polytechnics (seven in Agriculture, one each in Seed Science and agricultural Engineering).
There are 16 Agricultural research stations, including three Regional Agricultural Research stations, Nine District Agricultural Advisory and Transfer of Technology centres (DAATTCs), six Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVKs), one each of Extension Education Institute(EEI), Agricultural Information and Communication Centre(AI&CC), Agricultural Technology Information Centre(ATIC, Electronic Media Wing and Farmers call Centre spread across the state with scientific ,supporting and administrative staff, apart from a good contingent of labour force.
Mandate of Institution
Train human resource needed for agricultural, home Science and allied sectors for the development of the State of Andhra Pradesh.
Constantly strive to generate technologies for increasing production in the agriculture and home science and allied sectors.
Assist in the process of transfer of technology through the dissemination of knowledge in collaboration with the Development Departments of the Government.
Institution’s Mission and Goals
1. In tune with the mandate of the university which “among others shall be to make provision for education mainly of the rural people of the state of Andhra Pradesh in agriculture in its broad sense and to promote research, field and extension programmes in agriculture and agricultural production”, the university has set for itself the following goals.
2. Provide opportunities for the citizens of the state and the country for education in the field of agriculture in its broad sense and to promote research, field and extension programmes in agriculture and allied sciences. Strengthen UG and PG teaching through periodic revision of syllabi.
3. Establish the required infrastructure to conduct location specific research in the field of agriculture and allied sciences.
4. Generate technologies to improve farm production and income to farmers.
5. Provide the needed assistance to the development departments of the Government and other agencies to test and disseminate the improved technologies developed.
6. Provide opportunities for rural youth and women for learning and adoption of improved agro-technologies.
7. Revitalize the extension activities through the creation of specific infrastructure in each district.
8. Adopt advancements in information technology and computers to improve the formal academic programmes and introduce non-formal distance and contact learning programmes for the benefit of farmers, rural youth and women.
Contact Us:Professor Jayashankar Telangana State Agricultural University (PJTSAU)
Rajendranagar, Hyderabad-500 030
EPABX: 040-24015011 to 040-24015017
040-24015161 to 040-24015163
E-mail : email@example.com