How To Apply: a) Candidates must apply on-line through the website www.narl.gov.in. Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily rejected.
b) Candidates has to personally upload his/her Post Doctoral experience /the relevant research experience in the desired field, list of peer reviewed publications, Awards / Scholarship / Official Appreciation / Affiliation with the professional bodies/institutions/societies in a single pdf file in such a way that the size of the file does not exceed 2 MB.
c) Candidates who wish to apply for more than one post should apply separately for each post.
d) After submitting the Online Application, the candidates are required to submit printout of their online application duly signed along with self-attested copies of all documents/relevant certificates in support of the claims made in the application to THE SR. ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER (R&R), NATIONAL ATMOSPHERIC RESEARCH LABORATORY, P.B.NO.123, S.V. UNIVERSITY CAMPUS, TIRUPATI – 517502, ANDHRA PRADESH, INDIA . E-mail ID and Mobile No. of the applicant will have to be given in the application compulsorily. The application should be sent in a cover superscribed “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF ____________POST CODE________.”
Age Limit: Less than 30 years for JRF/PJRF and 35 years for PDF as on the last date fixed for receipt of applications but relaxation for five years in the case of SC/ST candidates and three years for OBC candidates. Ex-servicemen and persons with disabilities (PWD) are eligible for age relaxation as per government of India orders.
General Information: a) Candidates attending the interview will be reimbursed AC 3 – Tier Class train fare by the shortest route to the place of interview from the Railway Station nearest to the normal place of residence of the candidate or from which he/she actually performs the journey, whichever, is nearer to the place of interview, and back to the same station or the amount of Railway fare actually incurred by the candidate whichever is less.
b) The number of posts indicated above are provisional and may vary depending on the actual requirements of the Organisation.
c) Candidates called for interview will have to produce all relevant original documents in proof of details furnished in their applications submitted on-line, at the time of interview. If any information furnished on-line is found to be wrong or false, the candidate will not be interviewed and TA will not be paid.
d) NARL reserves the right not to fill up all or any of the posts, if it so desires.
e) Only Indian nationals need apply.
f) No interim correspondence will be entertained.
g) Canvassing in any form will disqualify a candidate.
h) Government strives to have a workforce which reflects gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Selection Process: 1. Mere fulfilment of essential qualifications and experience do not vest any right in a candidate for being called for Test/Interview. A duly constituted screening committee shall screen the applications received for the post. The Laboratory reserves the right to call for Interview only those candidates who in its opinion are likely to be suitable and will not entertain any correspondence in this regard.
2. The Candidates who are already employed under Central/State Government, Public Sector Undertakings or Autonomous Organizations should send their printed on-line application invariably followed-up with a NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE from the employer concerned.
3. SC/ST/OBC/PWD/Ex-servicemen candidates are required to produce a copy of the certificate in the prescribed format signed by the specified Authority at the time of interview. A person who wants to avail of benefit of PWD reservation would have to submit a disability certificate issued by a Competent Authority in the prescribed format. Degree of disability for reservation: only such person would be eligible for reservation in services/posts who suffer from not less than 40% of relevant disability.
4. The date of determining the eligibility of all candidates in every respect shall be the date of submitting the online application on the website.
5. Applications received in response to the rolling advertisement will be considered as and when required. This is a rolling advertisement and is valid till all the vacancies are filled.
6. The decision of NARL in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of aplications, mode of selection, conduct of interview, will be final and binding on the candidates and no enquiry or correspondence will be entertained in this connection from any individual or agency on behalf of the candidate.
About National Atmospheric Research Laboratory
NARL is an autonomous research laboratory fully funded by the Department of Space, Government of India and involved in carrying out fundamental and applied research in Atmospheric and Space Sciences. It had its humble beginning in 1992 as the National Mesosphere-Stratosphere-Troposphere(MST) Radar Facility. Over the years several complementary techniques such as Rayleigh/Mie lidars, wind profilers have been added. NARL is administered by a Governing Council with Secretary, DOS as the Chairman and Director, NARL as member secretary. The Governing Council sets broad policy guidelines for NARL. A Scientific Advisory Committee consisting of eminent scientists in the field of atmospheric science, monitors the research activities and progress of NARL and provides future directions.