- Education Requirements: Ph.D. or equivalent in Plant Molecular Biology or related field
- Experience Requirements: Minimum 15 years research experience in the area of Plant Molecular Biology.
- Eligibility Criteria: a) The Director is expected to provide both academic and administrative leadership to the Institute in its intramural and extramural activities. b) The post carries Pay Scale of HAG, Rs. 67,000 (annual increment @ 3%) – Rs. 79,000 with usual allowances as per Central Government Rules. c) Scientists from Central/State Governments, Research Institutes, Autonomous Bodies etc. (i) Holding analogous post on regular basis in parent Department or (ii) With 5 years’ service in the post with Grade Pay of Rs. 10,000 or equivalent in the parent cadre/Department
- Desirable Qualifications: (i) Experience in successfully running large programme centre, institution (ii) Experience of guiding research activities in the area of Plant Molecular Biology.
- Head Skills: Outstanding scientific & academic credentials and excellent track record, evidenced by research publications, patents and awards.
- Age Limit: The maximum age limit for appointment (on deputation including short term contract) should not exceed 56 years as on the closing date of receipt of applications.
- Last Date: 20-January-2016
- How To Apply: Complete applications (5 copies) strictly as per the format available on DBT website: http://dbtindia.nic.in with a passport size photograph fixed at the space shown in the format along with testimonials including list of publications indicating impact factors should be sent to Smt. Veena T. Bhatia, Director, Department of Biotechnology, Block-2, CGO Complex, Lodi Road, New Delhi-110 003, superscribing the cover “Application for the Post of Director, National Institute of Plant Genome Research, New Delhi” so as to reach within 30 days from the date of publication of this advertisement in Employment News. The closing date for candidates residing abroad and from Andaman & Nicobar and Lakshadweep Islands, States/Union Territories in the North-Eastern region, Ladakh region of J&K, Sikkim, Sub-division Chamba and Lahaul and Spiti districts of Himachal Pradesh will be 45 days. The soft copy of the application may also be sent by Email: email@example.com.
- Details will be available at: http://www.dbtindia.nic.in/imageupload/NIPGRAdvt.pdf
Director (NIPGR)Hiring Organisation: Department of Biotechnology Address: Department of Biotechnology, Block-2, CGO Complex, Lodi Road, New Delhi Delhi 110003