Indian School of Mines-ISM (Dhanbad, Jharkhand) recruits Research Associate, Assistant Librarian, Librarian, SRF, JRF, Dy. Registrar Posts. B.sc, Graduate, M. Phil/Ph. D, Post Graduate, M.sc, NET, BTech, BE, MTech, ME candidates can apply. About Indian School of Mines The Indian School of Mines (ISM) Dhanbad is an educational institute of India. It is located in
Government Jobs for Librarian in 2016
Various government organizations are in need of librarians for their libraries. Recruitment for this job position is done through an open process of inviting applications through notification and then selecting eligible candidates who will go through an examination in order to qualify for next screening tests and/or interviews. A library course from recognized university is generally preferred for this post.
Application forms are available on websites of Union public service commission. Sometimes, Staff Selection Commission also selects such candidates through advertisements in Employment News.
For a pay scale of PB-2 offered for librarian or information assistant, basic may be in between Rs 9,300 to Rs 34,800. One will have to pay fee for application when applying for vacancies in UPSC. SSC is also responsible for filling non technical as well as technical vacancies for Group B and C jobs, through screening process like written tests, skill tests and interviews.
One should fill application form in prescribed format only and not send any original certificates at the time of applying. Placement is generally where requirement for librarian is and people with reservation category will have to submit necessary proof as requested. Guidelines for candidates must be studied carefully and then only a candidate should proceed to fill application form. One must post these application forms from post offices well in advance so that they reach before due date.
Generally written examination for this post, will test general knowledge and also technical detail about study undertaken, as well as English. Generally, UPSC examination has negative marking so one should be careful with answering tricky questions. Fee for application may be Rs 50 if you find a notification from SSC. UPSC forms are priced higher. Results are announced on notified date and may be checked from their website on that date.
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission-TNPSC (Chennai, Tamil Nadu) recruits Librarian, Deputy Manager Posts. BA, B.sc, Bcom, BBA, B.B.M, BE or BTech candidates can apply. About Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) is a department of the government of Tamil Nadu which is responsible for governing the recruitment of
University of Hyderabad recruits Senior Assistant, Junior Engineer (Electrical), Junior Office Assistant Group, Junior Professional Assistant, Junior Laboratory Assistant, Stenographer, Library Attendant, Laboratory Attendant Posts. Candidates with MBBS can apply. About University of Hyderabad: The University of Hyderabad, a premier institution of post graduate teaching and research in the country, was established by an Act
Pravara Rural Engineering recruits Principal, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor, Librarian Posts. Candidates with MBBS can apply. About Pravara Rural Education Society: Padmashri Dr. Vitthalrao Vikhe Patil , the pioneer of Sugar Co-operative movement, who had a humble beginning, was chiefly instrumental in, organizing the much exploited sugarcane ‘growers of the 44 villages, in and around
Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology-NSIT (New Delhi) recruits Head, Director, Librarian, Assistant Librarian, Chief Security Officer, Senior System Analyst, Assistant Registrar posts. Graduate, Post Graduate, Diploma, BTech, BE, ME, MTech, BCA, MCA, Ph.d, M.sc, M.Phil, NET candidates can apply. About Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (NSIT) An Autonomous Institution under Govt. of NCT of Delhi
All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Raipur recruits Chief Nursing Officer, Senior Librarian, Executive Engineer, Deputy Chief Security Officer, Assistant Controller Of Examination, Security Officer, Sanitation Officer, Technical Officer (Dental) Posts. Candidates with Diploma, 10+2 can apply. About AIIMS Raipur: All India Institute of Medical Sciences Raipur is a medical college and medical research public
AIIMS, Bhubaneswar recruits Chief Librarian, Registrar, Senior Analyst (System Analyst), Chief Nursing Officer, Finance and Chief Accounts Officer (Sr. Accounts Officer), Assistant Controller of Examination A, Senior Programmer (Analyst), Senior Procurementcum Stores Officer, CSSD Officer, Librarian Selection Grade, Chief Dietician, Chief Medical Social Service Officer, Executive Engineer (A/C & R), Hospital Architect, Deputy Chief Security
Indian Institute of Management Bangalore-IIMB (Bangalore, Karnataka) recruits Assistant Librarian, Academic Intern, Project Executive, Senior Professional Assistant, AIP posts. Graduate, MBA, Ph.d, MLISc, NET, PGDM candidates can apply. About Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB) The Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB) believes in building leaders through holistic, transformative and innovative education. IIMB is an
Assam Public Service Commission-APSC (Guwahati, Assam) recruits Assistant Professor Vacancies. Post Graduate, NET/SLET OR Ph.D or M.Phil candidates can apply. About Assam Public Service Commission (APSC) The Assam Public Service Commission came into existence on Ist April, 1937 in accordance with the provision of the Govt. of India Act, 1935 with Mr James Hezelett, a
Vizianagaram District (Andhra Pradesh) recruits Librarian vacancies. 12th pass candidates can apply. About Vizianagaram District Vizianagaram (Telugu: విజయనగరo; ) is the main city of the Vizianagaram District of North Eastern Andhra Pradesh in Southern India. Vizianagaram district was formed on 1 June 1979, with some parts carved from the neighbouring districts of Srikakulam and Visakhapatnam.
How To Apply: 1. The Syllabus/ Scheme of Examination in respect of the posts is given in Appendix-II. 2. The closing date for receipt of applications is 08.02.2016. 3. The minimum and maximum age limit is 18-30 years for technical posts (Sl. No.01-07) and 18-27 years for administrative post (Sl.No.08), as on the closing date
About Rabindra Bharati University (RBU) Rabindra Bharati University, was founded on May 8, 1962 under the Rabindra Bharati Act to mark the birth centenary of poet Rabindranath Tagore at his residential house at Calcutta for the advancement of learning and culture particularly in the branches of music, dance and drama. Assent of the President of
- Central Island Agricultural Research Institute
- INR Rs. 5200- 20200+2800(GP)
- Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Library Science/Library & Information Science or equivalent qualification from recognized university
- Address: Post Box No.181 Port Blair Andaman and Nicobar Islands 744101
- Salary: Rs. 5200- 20200+2000 (GP)
- Education Requirements: Matriculation pass or equivalent from a recognized board.
- Experience Requirements: Experience in any research organization/wor kshop/factory. Possessing valid license of Driving Tractor/HMV
Deputy University Librarian
- University of Calcutta
- INR Pay Band — Rs. 37,400 — 67.000/- plus Academic Grade Pay of Rs. 8000/-
- Education Requirements: A Master's degree in Library Science/ information Science/Documentation with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and consistently good academic record.
- Address: 87/1, College Street, Kolkata West Bengal 700073
Assistant University Librarian
- Salary: Pay Band - Rs. 15,600 - 39,100/- plus Academic Grade Pay of Rs. 6000/-
- Qualifications: • A Master's degree in Library Science/ Information Science/Documentation with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and consistently good academic record with knowledge of computerization of library. • Qualifying in the national level eligibility test conducted for the purpose by UGC or any other agency approved by the UGC. • However candidates who are or have been awarded Ph.D. degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations 2009 shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment or appointment of Assistant University Librarian.
- Supreme Court of India
- INR Rs. 9300-34800 with Grade Pay of Rs. 4600/- plus other allowances (approximate Gross Salary with HRA - Rs. 46, 183/- p.m.)
- Education Requirements: Degree in Library Science from a recognised University.
- Age Limit: Below 30 years
- Address: Tilak Marg New Delhi Delhi 110201
- Indira Gandhi National Tribal University (IGNTU)
- INR Rs. 37400-67000 GP-10000
- Education Requirements: A Master’s degree in Library Science/ Information Science/ Documentation with at least 55% of marks or its equivalent grade of 'B' in the UGC seven point scale and consistently good academic record.
- Age Limit: 55 Years
- Address: Amarkantak, Dist.-Anuppur Madhya Pradesh 484887
- Salary: Rs. 15600-39100 GP-8000
- Education Requirements: A Master’s Degree in Library Science/Information Science/ Documentation with at least 55% of the marks or its equivalent grade of B in the UGC seven point scale and a consistently good academic record.
- Experience Requirements: Five years experience as an Assistant University Librarian/College Librarian.
- Qualifications: M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree in Library Science/Information Science / Documentation /Archives and Manuscript-keeping /Computerization of Library.