No of Post: 08 Posts How To Apply: The applications of eligible employees may please be forwarded by 18 March 2O14 along with attested copies of the last 5 years APARs/Vigilance clearance and Working Reports for the last 3 years in the categories where APARs are not required to be written. Last Date: 18 March […]
Railway Jobs, Recruitment in Indian Railway – 2014
There are various department in the railways, which are categorized into two broad areas, technical & non-technical services.
The non-technical services, which handle transportation and commercial matters, the accounting & finance section of the Railways, the personnel & the security of railway property, include:
- Indian Railway Traffic Service Group A (IRTS)
- Indian Railway Accounts Service Group A (IRAS)
- Indian Railway Personnel Service Group A (IRPS)
- Indian Railway Protection Force Group A (IRPF)
- Railway Board Secretariat Service Group B
In technical services, employees include engineers in the railways who look after maintenance of diesel locomotives, rolling stock of railway wagons and goods carriages, as also drivers of engines etc.
The options here are:
- Indian Railway Service of Engineers (Civil)
- Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers
- Indian Railway Service of Signal & Telecommunication Engineers
- Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineers
There is also the Indian Railway Stores Service and the Indian Railway Medical Service.
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts open competitive examinations for recruitment to all gazetted posts in the railway services.
Recruitment to all services is through examinations conducted by UPSC.
You need to be a graduate in any stream, and between 21 to 30 years old to be eligible. To apply for the Technical Services, you must possess an engineering degree or its equivalent to take the Combined Engineering Services Examination held in early July every year.
Recruitment to the railway services is open to both men & women. All salary grades for officers of the railways are fixed by the Government of India and follow the pattern of other Civil services.